Make every day meaningful. Make every day new.
Like you, we want your family member or friend living with a memory impairment like dementia or Alzheimer’s disease to live his or her most active and rewarding life. Our Valeo™ program at our Texas memory care community is designed to do just that by engaging every aspect of their well-being. We’ll not only immerse ourselves in their past but work closely with you too. It’s only by having a complete picture that we can offer the most complete care.
Derived from the Latin word meaning “to thrive,” Valeo includes memory-care specific programs created for residents with memory impairments like Alzheimer’s, as well as a holistic wellness philosophy. Every Valeo program is personalized for individual residents, taking into account their unique abilities. The wellness philosophy engages residents and encourages them to improve their well-being through four pillar focus areas:
- Physical: use nutritious food, exercise and active pursuits to improve physical wellness
- Social: fuel existing relationships and create new ones with both people and pets in the community
- Intellectual: fire up the brain with creative activities that engage the mind, helping residents recapture memories and preserve cognition
- Spiritual: connect with one’s personal beliefs and honor their traditions
The goal of the Valeo philosophy is to provide daily stimulation and give every resident personalized opportunities for one-on-one engagement. We help people build relationships and pursue their interests in an empowering environment.
Custom Programs and Support at our Meadows Place, TX, Memory Care Community
What you’ve done with your life and where you want to go from here is unique to you. At The Hampton, we honor individual preferences and legacy by customizing all our memory care programming. We start with a wellness review of each resident’s abilities and a discussion about their passions. Then we design an individualized approach of support that creates moments that are meaningful to them each day.
Our Valeo Signature Programs are all based on an individualized plan. Each program is personalized for every resident at our memory care community in Meadows Place, TX, building on a foundation of whole-person well-being and health backed by scientific research.
The following services are all-inclusive in Valeo memory care:
- Dining featuring a variety of chef-prepared entrées Valeo Bites
- Salus™ Wellness Philosophy
- Daily wellness checks
- Medication management
- Assistance with actions of daily living
- 24-hour team coverage
- Coordination of ancillary and medical services by a Wellness Director
- Emergency response system
- Scheduled transportation
- Entertainment, social events and educational and spiritual programs
- Personalized fitness and wellness programs
- Housekeeping, laundry and linen services
- Maintenance and repairs
- Utilities included, except phone
- Accushield visitor and vendor management system for added security
- Caremerge for family and community engagement, interaction feedback and programming
- State-of-the-art ALIS electronic health system (EHR)
FAQs about Memory Care in Texas
What is a memory care facility?
Memory care provides a safe and structured environment for those diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia. Memory care communities and homes in the Meadows Place, TX, area have staff members with specialized knowledge and training to help residents live with the challenges associated with memory loss.
Memory care communities typically provide more support than assisted living communities, and staff members evaluate each resident to determine which level of assistance each individual needs. The atmosphere of these communities is comfortable and enriching, offering activities that focus on strengthening the mind and body. In addition, a memory care community provides services that include 24-hour health monitoring, 24-hour security and daily living assistance.
What are the signs it's time for memory care?
The signs that it’s time to transition to memory care are different for each family. Dementia is a cognitive impairment that is difficult to predict, with symptoms that don’t follow a set timeline. However, here are three moments that may show your family that memory care may be the right next step:
- A family member has received a medical diagnosis of dementia. Moving into a memory care community can be an easier transition when done earlier, rather than when symptoms worsen.
- The family is stressed and overwhelmed by caregiving. Caring for a person with dementia is a more than a full-time job, and not all families are equipped to be on call around the clock.
- Family members are worried. If you notice a decline in your parent or relative's mental and physical health, beyond normal age-related issues, of if you worry about their safety, it may be a good idea to look into memory care.
Does Medicare cover memory care facilities?
Unfortunately, Medicare doesn't usually cover memory care and assisted living community costs. Medicare will cover any medical treatments and therapies that the person receives while staying at a memory care community. Still, the insurance coverage does not extend to the actual costs of living in the memory care community.
A Network to Support Goals
Our Texas memory care community is a family in and of itself. The team that works here come to us because they want to connect with people and empower them to live stronger, fuller lives. We’re optimistic, caring and dedicated to residents’ well-being.
We don’t believe in limiting potential — or that of our team. Everyone in the community — wellness team members to expert operations and dining teams — are trained to support individuals with memory impairments. The day-to-day needs of residents are our priority, as is their happiness. Our team has the permission and time they need to slow down and connect. We’ll help build their own unique experience and the lifestyle that fits their preferences, with the support they deserve.
At The Hampton, every person on the team is part of the support network. Team members are trained to go above and beyond to meet the needs and provide an exceptional experience. But our goal isn’t just to support residents — we want to understand who they are, where they came from and where they want to go. Team members are encouraged to start conversations, learn about interests and share experiences with residents. We also empower each and every resident to take time for themselves. Connect and discover shared interests one day, then take some quiet time for relaxation and privacy the next. We support their needs and how they want to interact each day.
Families are often one of the core pillars of joy and success for those with a memory impairment. Our Meadows Place memory care community is open to family and friends who want to visit, engage with residents and reconnect with fond memories. We’ll work with you to create comfortable spaces for connection and help you preserve the legacy of relatives and friends for your children and grandchildren.
Customize Your New Life and Save up to $5,000
The Hampton at Meadows Place has customized incentives and specials to save you up to $5,000 on monthly fees, services, move-in assistance, downsizing, apartment customization, furnishings and much more. This offer is our way of welcoming you into a life of luxury and peace of mind.
These savings allow you to customize an environment that works best for you. The Hampton at Meadows Place is here to help you live your life to the fullest. Contact our team today to schedule a virtual tour and explore our senior living community.